New Orleans – America’s capital of culture – was devastated by floods in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. The massive scale of the flooding is frightfully apparent; the white areas on this particular plate represent the parts of the city that were flooded. The Mississippi River curves across the plate in a swath of blue; Audubon Park – on the river’s bank – and City Park, adjacent to Lake Pontchartrain, are rendered in green.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this plate will go toward helping to ensure the enduring legacy of City Park. Currently our donations contribute to their capital campaign to help grow the park for years to come.
- The city’s downtown core is printed on a black background
- Key buildings are represented with persimmon icons, while rivers and public spaces are shown in blue and green
- Each plate is gift boxed with a printed key detailing the portion of the city represented on the plate
- Use as dinner plates, serving plates, or as a decorative piece
- Designed in Los Angeles; made in Poland
- Dishwasher and microwave-safe
- Material: Porcelain