The Essential Resource for Prospective Planning Students
The Planetizen Guide to Graduate Urban Planning Programs is the only comprehensive ranking and listing of graduate urban planning programs available. In its 6th edition, the guide is exhaustively researched by the staff of Planetizen. Thousands of students have used the Guide to inform their decision on which graduate programs to apply to, and ultimately, attend.
Enterprise Edition Option
- PDF Enterprise Edition is a multiple user license for educational institutions, agencies, and private organizations.
- Fill out institution name in "Company" field during checkout.
- Your PDF document will be emailed to you within 1 business day.
- By purchasing the PDF version of the Guide, you agree to be bound by the terms of the Planetizen Digital Content License Agreement.
Also available in paperback.
- Detailed Profiles of 97 Graduate Urban Planning Programs in the United States
- Profiles of Planning Students and Professionals
- Advice for Selecting a Planning Program and Applying to Graduate School
- Introduction to Graduate Study in the Field of Urban Planning
- Top 25 Ranked Schools for Urban Planning Programs
- Best Schools by Region (Midwest, Northeast, South, and West)
- Top 25 Programs According to Educators
- Additional rankings
Narrow Down Your Graduate Program Search:
- Admissions Requirements and Statistics
- Cost of Attendance
- Faculty and Student Demographics
- Study Abroad Opportunities
- Current grad students, with advice on what to look for in a program
- Practicing professionals, revealing how they made the most of their graduate studies
- A planning professor, who explains how to launch your planning career
- Planetizen's editorial staff, on why one would choose a career in urban planning