The Los Angeles plate design, ringed with freeways, shows that what used to be labeled ‘sprawl’, is now being looked at as a model for modern development. A deep green mass represents Dodger Stadium and Elysian Park; and vivid red icons represent key buildings in the city’s historic core.
The city, thanks to its youth and love of the automobile, has also developed in a singular way that runs counter to the traditional condensed urban cores of east coast cities. As cities’ populations grow and cities themselves drift towards each other, the multiple city-center approach of Los Angeles is becoming more and more familiar.
- The city’s downtown core is printed on a black background
- Key buildings are represented with persimmon icons, while rivers and public spaces are shown in blue and green
- Each plate is gift boxed with a printed key detailing the portion of the city represented on the plate
- Use as dinner plates, serving plates, or as a decorative piece
- Designed in Los Angeles; made in Poland
- Dishwasher and microwave-safe
- Material: Porcelain