Capital of the U.S. until 1790, New York long ago cemented its reputation as the "Capital of the World." Its huge global influence on finance, trade, politics, and culture has been felt for more than a century, and it is seen around the world as the symbol of the American Dream. It is the most densely populated city on the globe. This fact alone gives New York its absolutely unique urban form.
New York was first settled in Lower Manhattan, which accounts for the Old World European layout of downtown (in white). The entire island and parts of Brooklyn are dotted with historic landmarks and civic buildings (in red), including the United Nations building, Grand Central, Radio City Music Hall, Madison Square Garden and the World Trade Center Memorial.
- The city’s downtown core is printed on a black background
- Key buildings are represented with persimmon icons, while rivers and public spaces are shown in blue and green
- Each plate is gift boxed with a printed key detailing the portion of the city represented on the plate
- Use as dinner plates, serving plates, or as a decorative piece
- Designed in Los Angeles; made in Poland
- Dishwasher and microwave-safe
- Material: Porcelain